The Key Stage 3 Religious Studies curriculum at Friern Barnet School is synonymous with the whole school ethos of ‘Enjoy and Excel’. Our curriculum is academically ambitious for our students as well as equipping them with the skills that they need to be personally and socially fulfilled.
With this in mind the curriculum has the follow intentions:
- To provide students with the ability to analyse the diversity which exists in 21st century society
- To enable students to ‘develop a core knowledge of the beliefs and practices which shape their worldview and culture’ which in turn
- Equips students with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel at GCSE level
- To enable students to be confident to express their own beliefs and worldviews
- To promote British values through a range of spiritual, moral, cultural and social experiences
There are a variety of approaches that can be taken to ensure that the RE curriculum is broad and balanced. In the main we employ the following approaches: experiential, constructivist, phenomenological and worldview approaches in order to give students a range of opportunities to provoke curiosity and ensure academic rigour when studying religion.
Please email Mr Lee at B.Lee@friern.barnet.sch.uk if you have any questions regarding Religious Studies.
|Mr B Lee||Head of Humanities|
|Miss S Malik||PSHE Lead Practitioner / RE Teacher|