Aims and vision
Our vision is to develop confident and successful learners who are also engaged and responsible citizens. We aspire to ‘develop the whole child’.
We want students at Friern Barnet School who...
- enjoy school; students who are happy and healthy, physically and emotionally
- excel in their learning, seeing learning as a worthwhile and life-long process
- are curious, willing to learn and question what is around them
- respect themselves and others, appreciating the diversity of our multicultural community and being able to be compassionate, considerate and kind
- learn to live their lives which are personally and socially fulfilling, developing a love for art, music, dance, theatre, sport and culture which will enrich their lives
This is being achieved through our commitment to...
- equity in education with high quality teaching for all
- a calm, safe and ordered environment with equal access to learning for all irrespective of students’ background, gender, religion or race
- a broad and balanced curriculum that develops skills, knowledge and understanding
- provide high quality creative opportunities that enable students to thrive
- encouraging students to be independent and responsible for their own actions
- creating opportunities to develop friendships
- positive working relationships and good communication with parents and carers
- nurturing constructive relationships to ensure students can make a positive contribution to school and the wider community
- inclusion of children with special educational needs in mainstream schooling